Volunteers at the Winnipeg Humane Society are individuals who give their time to make a difference in the lives of animals. Consider joining our Volunteer crew in 5 simple steps!
Due to a high volume of interest in our Volunteer Program, interviews are currently being booked in to the beginning of June. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
STEP 1 – The Application
- Review our Volunteer Opportunities to determine what you may be interested in.
- Complete our volunteer application form
STEP 2 – The Interview
- Upon completion of your volunteer application you will receive an email with ability to book your interview with a volunteer services team member.
STEP 3 – The Orientation
- Once your interview has been completed you will be emailed upcoming volunteer orientation session dates and can book the one you wish to attend.
STEP 4 –Checks & Training
- Some volunteer assignments within our facility require a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse registry Check. The assignments requiring these checks are conditional on providing a current, original and successful check wihtin four (4) weeks of the start date. These checks are considered current if obtained in the last six (6) months.
- The WHS provides volunteers training free of charge to ensure you have a good understanding of the tasks and responsibilities associated with your role and to better understand our shelter policies.
STEP 5 – First Shift
- We will schedule your first day with a volunteer mentor who will work with you until you feel comfortable in your department position.